CORINTHIAN CP SCHOOL
Headteacher Mr G Crockett
During the winter months there are occasions when we can experience adverse weather conditions. It is alway very difficult when we have snow and ice to determine how this will affect travel etc and I would ask that you follow the policy below if we experience any bad weather over the next few weeks.
If at all possible the school will remain open and staff will be here as normal. However due to road conditions some staff may be late arriving and the start of the school day could be affected.
The school now has the facility to text ALL parents to inform of any school closures. Please ensure the admin team have your correct mobile details.
School closure updates can also be found on our website: www.corinthianprimary.org.uk
The Policy at Corinthian School for adverse weather conditions is that:
At the start of the school day
· The Headteacher, following advice obtained locally, will make a decision based on conditions at school and the surrounding roads and footpaths as to whether it is safe to open the school.
· To enable the school to open it may be necessary to delay the start time and again these details would be given to parents via text,website
· Parents are asked to note that it may not be possible for staff to answer the telephone and we would ask that you do not call before 8.45am.
During the school day
· Once a decision has been made to open the school it will not close during the day.
· If the weather becomes severe during the day then parents may contact the school if they feel that they would like to collect their child early for safety reasons (ie travelling/walking long distances or collecting other children from local schools).
· Parents will then be advised that children can be collected from 1.30pm onwards (i.e. after lunch).
· The school will remain open until 3.15pm; however, if parents are delayed due to the adverse weather conditions, they should contact the school as soon as possible to give an anticipated arrival time.
· Children will be supervised until a parent/carer is able to collect them.
· Parents must consider their own safety, traffic congestion and safety of others in these circumstances and understand that children at Corinthian will be cared for until it is possible for them to be collected.
We do hope this clarifies the policy for inclement weather at Corinthian .