Mrs Scriven and Mr Driffill would like to send a BIG WELCOME to all parents and children for this year. We look forward to getting to know you all and working together with your children. The children have started the year displaying a great attitude towards their learning.
- Year 3 will have P.E. on Tuesday mornings. Therefore, please ensure your child has a full P.E. kit.
- Homework, including spellings and times tables, will be given out each Friday and is to be completed and returned the following Friday. This will consist of a piece of Literacy and a piece of Numeracy relating to the learning that week. The times tables will be starting in Autumn term 2 after the half term break. This is because we are spending this half term revisiting the 2, 5 and 10 times tables, with a particular focus on the corresponding division facts.
New learning in Lower Key Stage 2
For the first time, children will be experiencing the following:
- On a Friday morning, the children will be learning to play an instrument with our music specialist, Mr. Russell.
- On a Friday afternoon, groups of children will take part in Forest School at Croxteth Park with Mrs Scriven, Miss Raftery and Miss Bilsborough.
- On a Friday morning, children will continue to have their Spanish lessons with Senora Leyland.
Home reading books should be brought into school daily. Books that have been completed will be changed and children will receive a sticker for our ‘Reading Champions’ board for every book read. Please ensure you write in the reading diary to confirm pages read at home and any other comments you may wish to make. If there are any words or sounds your child has found difficult, please note these down as we can work on these in class.