We are urging those parents who do receive a qualifying benefit to make a formal application for free school meals, even though all children under 8 receive a universal free school meal as this will allow the school to claim additional funding for new equipment and resources. You can do this online.
If you live in Liverpool and receive any of the following benefits you can claim free school meals for your school-aged child. This is also applicable to nursery-aged children if they attend before and after lunch sessions at a local authority nursery school or nursery class:
- Income Support
- Income based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income related Employment Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit - as long as you have a yearly household income of less than £16,190 (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs) and do not get Working Tax Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit.
If you receive Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support there is no need to complete an application form - just :-
contact 0151 233 3009 (they also welcome Text Relay calls on this number) and they will update your details to include free school meals.
Submit form from link below.