We have tech toys, real life objects, textured materials and visual objects to stimulate our senses set up in our sensory area, which the children are able to access throughout the session. We also provide a range of tactile activities such as object exploration e.g. Autumn, vegetables, cinnamon dough. cloud dough.
Links to EYFS
Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Can select and use activities and resources with help.
- Begins to accept the needs of others and can take turns and share resources, sometimes with support from others.
- Keeps play going by responding to what others are saying or doing.
Communication and Language
- Listen to others one-to-one or in small groups, when conversation interests them.
- Focusing attention - still listen and do, but can shift own attention.
- Understands use of objects
- Uses a range of tenses
- Uses vocabulary focused on objects and people that are of particular importance to them.
- Enjoys rhyming and rhythmic activities.
- Knows information can be relayed in the form of print.
- Sometimes gives meanings to marks as they draw or paint.
- Use some number names and number languages spontaneously in play.
- Shows an interest in numerals in the environment.
- Shows an interest in shape and space by playing with shapes
- Uses positional language.
- Shows an interest in shapes in the environment.
- Beginning to talk about the shapes of everyday objects. e.g 'round' 'tall'
Understanding the World
- Knows some of the things that make them unique, and can talk about some of the similarities and differences in relation to friends or family.
- Comments and asks questions about aspects of their familiar world, such as the place where they live or the natural world.
- Talk about why things happen and how things work.
- Shows interest in technological toys with knobs or pulleys, or real objects.
- Shows skill in making making toys w ork by pressing parts or lifting flaps the achieve effects, such as sound, movements or new images.
Expressive Arts and Design
- Imitates movement in response to music.
- Explores and learns how sounds can be changed.
- Beginning to be interested in and describe the texture of things.
- Use various construction materials.